Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pike Street Fish Fry

Asparagus, zucchini, red bell peppers. Deep fried. Best greasy food ever. While the calamari and the catfish fish and chips were very good, the vegetables steal the show at Pike Street Fish Fry. Dip them in the plethora of dipping sauces and you have an extremely satisfying way to eat more vegetables with a cold beer. My favorite sauce was the lemon aioli, while the curious harissa came in second.


The decor resembled a hipster sailboat galley, there was a nice sprinkle of kosher salt on everything and I love eating off of newsprint. The variety of options is surprisingly extensive considering the small size of the venue. While there are vegan options, sandwiches, and the option to grill almost anything, I think this original order will be hard to beat.


Pike Street Fish Fry on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Jopie and Juno said...

I've been wanting to go to this place for awhile! I <3 calamari and you know my obsession with dipping sauces!! Please take me again