Thursday, August 5, 2010

Macrina Bakery

Ahhh Seattle and your surprisingly large bakery scene. I spent another pre-work morning savoring the snacks and ambiance at the Queen Anne Macrina bakery. I am not going to lie, it has taken some time for Macrina to grow on me, but now I cannot wait to go back, especially to try out the new weekend brunch menu!

For breakfast I got an egg sandwich with a fancy name that I cannot remember for the life of me. Two eggs, basil, chevre and roasted peppers were sandwiched in between a unique onion, poppy seed roll that resembled the shape of a poorly drawn goldfish. It was delectable.

To have around for later I picked up a fruit and flan bar. While I though the bottom crust might have been a little to thick but the filling was creamy and bursting with blueberries. My friend got a rocket muffin, he loved it, it ended up being the inspiration for the apple zucchini muffins I wrote about earlier. With three locations (SODO, Belltown and Queen Anne) everyone in Seattle should be able to taste test a Macrina near them.
Macrina Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments: