Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Paris Dreams

My summer reading list has quickly turned into a read-all-I-can-about-Paris/France-fest. I must have read at least five books about this geographic location and I want to share the latest, which also happened to be some of my favorite books of the summer. I also have to admit that I almost always with borrow a book from the library over buying it but these two proved difficult to get through the library system so I purchased them. I am glad I did because they are both peppered with fabulous recipes. Once I get through this organizational disaster known as moving, I will stock up the kitchen and but these books to the real test.

The Sharper your Knife the Less you Cry by Kathleen Flinn
Kathleen Flinn is a Seattle based writer (who I missed at the Queen Anne Farmers Market a week after I purchased her book... shucks), who shares her experience at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. Living the dream, she moves to Paris, follows in the footsteps of Julia Child and learns how to cook classic French cuisine. She shares the ups and downs of culinary school while sharing the fabulous experience of living and eating in Paris.


The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz

David Lebovitz, former pastry chef at Chez Panisse, moved to Paris and eased the transition by sweetening up some key Parisians with homemade brownies and testers of ice cream from the development of his new book on ice cream. His hilarious stories about life in Paris document the obscure parts of daily life such hiring a house cleaner, grocery shopping and having house guests. Awesome book, great advice on all things Paris, and a promising set of new recipes, there could not be a better summer read.

No comments: