Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cafe Besalu

I cannot praise enough the merits of having conversations with strangers because, you never know what you might learn. Last spring, I attended a way to crowded, red cup filled, college party and I walked away from a random-conversation-with-a-stranger full of new advice. Advice about a French bakery in Ballard that I had not heard of yet.
Cafe Besalu is conveniently located in one of my favorite parts of Seattle, and just a fabulous but always more exhausting than I remember bike ride away from my house. By biking there is the perfect excuse to eat all of the charming, flaky, buttery pastries you want. The onion and Gruyère was divine, the quiche was rich, the fruit was phenomenal, the pastry was unbelievably flaky.
I would like to thank my random party going friend for the recommendation and I would like to pass it on to you. The next time you need a place for conversation over coffee or a little extra special touch of love to your morning, get to Cafe Besalu, and let me know what you try.
Cafe Besalu on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're back! :) I just finished a big breakfast and these pictures still make me desire a pastry and a third cup of coffee. Wish I could be there with you.