Pumpkin Pancakes adapted from Epicurious
Yield: Makes about 12
1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or a generous pinch of both cinnamon and nutmeg)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups whole milk
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
4 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
2. Whisk milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, melted butter and vanilla in medium bowl to blend well.
3. Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients; whisk just until smooth (batter will be thick).
4. Using electric mixer, beat egg whites in another medium bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold whites into batter.
5. Brush large nonstick skillet with butter; heat over medium heat. Working in batches, pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls into skillet.
6. Cook until bubbles form on surface of pancakes and bottoms are brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
7. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing skillet with oil between batches.